Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Compassion.


Rough draft Blog Analysis on the blog http://blog.compassion.com/


Compassion.
This is a word that we hear all the time. We know that it is a good quality to posess. We want to treat others with compassion. Well, there is a ministry out there called Compassion International. It is an organization dedicated to getting all of the children out there in impoverished countries the essential items that they need. They ask people here in the United States to be willing to sponsor a child from any number of countries. I was searching for blogs, and I came across this blog from the ministry. It is such a great way to learn more about what is going on in the ministry and around the world.

This blog is interesting because there are lots of different people that can post their experiences on it. In a post from February 10, titled Colors of Compassion, the relationship between compassion and Dayspring is discussed. A percentage of the profits from Dayspring are being donated to Compassion. This is so great. Seeing companies give back this way is really great. This contribution will end up saving children's lives. The money will be going to getting the children clothes, food, healthcare, and many other things.

In the post titled A Picture of Poverty, Amber Von Schooneveld discusses how in India, whenever she would be with families, and they would have our verison of nothing, they would lavish her with meals and treated her with such hospitality. We can all learn from that. We so often forget that even in our worst circumstances there are people out there that have it worse off than we do. Amber did interviews with the familes, and she said "the children typically put on their best clothes, the outfits they got for Christmas from their sponsors".

The kids that are sponsored through Compassion really do get their nicest things from their sponsors. If it were not for this ministry, lots of kids would not have close to what they do have.
This blog has opened my eyes to a lot. It is just a picture of how lives are changed through this ministry, and it is updated almost daily. I know that as I am reading, I am reading the truth as well, which is not always the case for things you find online.


4 comments:

  1. I really love that this is the blog that you chose to analize. When others read your blog they may be called to support a child. My fiance and I support a child and it is a really great ministry. Alos I thought it was cool that you mentioned something about DaySpring in your blog. I am actually a member of the DaySpring Emaus community. Again, I love the message that your blog puts out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like an AMAZING organization!! Your blog was well written and easy to follow. I also like your color scheme because it was not overwhelming =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This seems like a great organization. Love the layout and your blog is easy to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! I love this blog! You did a great job in telling us about it and it was easy to read. I also like the fact that, to me, you make your readers want to go and see this blog for themselves. Good Job!

    ReplyDelete