
We have recently been asked to be thinking of ideas for our second assignment, which is telling about a personal experience we have had with public discourse.
I would say that the first thing that comes to my mind, is whenever I was a junior in high school, I had job at a TCBY. It's a yogurt/ice cream place. My mom knew the owner from my little sister's softball or basketball team, and they were talking one time about how I have a certain learning disorder. The owner knew I was looking for a job, and she ended up giving me a job there, knowing that I have this learning disorder. At the time, I did not know that she knew about this. So, after about 2 months of working there, she calls me in and tells me that it is not working out. She had told the other workers there about my learning disorder without notifying me beforehand, and they said that they didnt think that I was learning fast enough, so she told me she was letting me go. The learning disorder that I have did not affect my work there in any way, and so that was what really upset me the most.
my mom and I went and discussed it with her, but I did not take it further than that because I was so upset. I know now, that I could have easily taken it further than that in terms of the legality of that and other things.
The other situation is something that happened with the show choir I was in my sophomore year. It was a crazy situation as well. There was a lot of dishonesty done to me, and my parents and I had to get involved again. It was a very hard time, because I really wanted to be in show choir at the time, and it just didnt work out.
I have thought about picketing, or doing a walk out of some kind, but I would rather go with something that has actually happened in my life.

I think that I am so glad now that those things happened to me, because I learned a lot about myself through it, and to not fully depend on these things to make me happy.
I would say that the first thing that comes to my mind, is whenever I was a junior in high school, I had job at a TCBY. It's a yogurt/ice cream place. My mom knew the owner from my little sister's softball or basketball team, and they were talking one time about how I have a certain learning disorder. The owner knew I was looking for a job, and she ended up giving me a job there, knowing that I have this learning disorder. At the time, I did not know that she knew about this. So, after about 2 months of working there, she calls me in and tells me that it is not working out. She had told the other workers there about my learning disorder without notifying me beforehand, and they said that they didnt think that I was learning fast enough, so she told me she was letting me go. The learning disorder that I have did not affect my work there in any way, and so that was what really upset me the most.
my mom and I went and discussed it with her, but I did not take it further than that because I was so upset. I know now, that I could have easily taken it further than that in terms of the legality of that and other things.
The other situation is something that happened with the show choir I was in my sophomore year. It was a crazy situation as well. There was a lot of dishonesty done to me, and my parents and I had to get involved again. It was a very hard time, because I really wanted to be in show choir at the time, and it just didnt work out.
I have thought about picketing, or doing a walk out of some kind, but I would rather go with something that has actually happened in my life.

I think that I am so glad now that those things happened to me, because I learned a lot about myself through it, and to not fully depend on these things to make me happy.

No comments:
Post a Comment